Skip to main content

Just Getting Back to this Blog...

It’s been some time since I updated this site and I thought I would start blogging again….

I am attending Oracle Open World in San Francisco this year, September 19-23, and I thought this would be a good place to add notes, information, and basic ramblings, ( which I do well :-) of things leading up to the event and daily updates while I am there.

This is an event that I always wanted to attend but was never fortunate enough to attend… Guess you just have to ask… First thing I found out is you need to ask early.. I registered last week and trying to find hotel accommodations in SF is impossible, especially on a government Per Diem. I found a place in Berkley, CA and figured I would take BART into SF. Stay tuned on how that goes…

I can’t believe the size of this thing. I went to an Informix conference in 1997, back when Informix was competition for Oracle and it was nowhere near this size. The organization of Open World must be a fulltime job for a department. Add Java to the mix, from the acquisition of Sun, and it explodes. Can’t wait to go…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day - 2 Oracle Open World

Day – 4 Oracle Open World